1/2 cup Japanese style Panko Bread Crumbs plain
1 /4 cup egg whites or two eggs
1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon complete seasoning Sazon
I can of olive oil spray
Light Ranch Salad Dressing (dipping sauce for after zucchini bake)
– Preheat oven at 425 temperatures.
1. Wash and dry zucchini.
2. Cut in desired sizes.
3. Mix up Panko bread crumb, complete seasoning Sazon and grated Parmesan cheese together in a bowl.
4. A bowl for egg whites.
5. A bowl for the flour.
6. Dip Zucchini into flour, then into egg whites then Panko bread mix and repeat it till zucchini is done.
7. Put them on baking sheet or baking pan , lightly spray with olive oil and baked for 24 -30min until zucchini is golden and crispy.
-For using an air fryer baked at 400 temperatures for 7 minutes or when zucchini is golden and crispy.
-You can use light version of bread crumbs that contain less carbohydrates.
– For flour substitute you can use almond flour.
– If you do not have complete seasoning Sazon, you can use your own favorite spices.
My Personal Fitness Tips For Losing 30 Pounds
- Go to your doctor and get a checkup. Start your weight loss journey with knowing your numbers such as blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, and weight.
- Drink a gallon of water or at least half your body weight in water day.
- Change up exercise weekly.
- Change up your food weekly.
- Add weight training to exercise routine.
- Limit your sodium and sugar intake.
- Limit carbohydrates.
- Eat everything in moderation.
- Plan your workouts for the week.
- Meal prep for the week.
- Don’t depend on people to motivate you. Learn to motivate yourself. You need to remember your why.
- Ask yourself why are you doing this? Why do you want to lose weight?
- Learn to love yourself. Self-love is important.
- Every time you cheat on your diet or fall down, get back up and move on.
- Find a private space to workout. If you are a gym person, commit yourself to going to the gym. Personally, I prefer working out at home.
- Take before and after pictures to track your progress and to see results.
- Step on the scale daily or weekly. You need to know your numbers, so you can push harder. Just remember that this number is the starting point and not the finish line.
- Use MyFitnessPal App to track your food intake and progress.
- Eat a lot of vegetables, but limit fruits, which are high in sugar.
- Park further from the store.
- Remember, you get out what you put in.
- Life will knock you down, but you must choose to get back up every time and fight harder and harder. It’s is not over until God says it’s over. So let go!
- Pray to God and ask Him to help you with your weaknesses, and to help you to overcome them.
- Embark on a high fiber and high protein diet.
- Make sure to read food labels carefully. When you read labels, remember the first listed ingredients, usually means the product contains more of those ingredients.
- Sleep is very important to weight loss, try to get 6-8 hours each day. I do have problems sleeping because I work overnights and sometimes on my days off, but I take melatonin, which helps me sleep. I sometimes use lavender essential oil. Also, I use sleep lavender & Cedarwood aromatherapy body wash from Bath &Body Works.
- Consistency is the key to being successful.
- Please portion control your foods. Use a food scale or measuring plates to prevent overeating.
- Stay committed to finishing what you have started.
- Find workouts or activities that you enjoy doing.
- Balance your workouts by doing cardio, high-intensity interval training (HIIT) and strength training weekly.
- I work out 3-5 days a week, with two days of rest.
- Limit alcohol intake.
- It’s OK if you don’t get that 10,000 steps in every day. Strength training burns more fat than steps.
- Remember to stretch before and after workouts.
- Listen to your body. Pick a rest day. And rest!
- Dreams don’t work unless you do!!
- I hated every minute of training, but I told myself don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
- Limit eating out or try to make healthy choices when you do eat out.
- Set weekly goals or monthly goals, so that you stay motivated.
- Use Pop Sugar Fitness on YouTube for workouts or Pinterest for exercise, food, and healthy living tips.
- Make sure you are having regular bowel movements. Constipation contributes to water retention and makes you feel bloated, plus your bodies cannot release the toxins which build up inside. Many people for instance, go every other day.
- 1 Cup cold water
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 Cup Quaker Oats 100% Whole Grain Quick 1- Minute
- 2 Tablespoon of milk
- 1 Teaspoon Organic coconut oil
- Honey or sugar
- Half ripe banana
- Powder cinnamon
- Reduced sugar cranberries
- 1 cup cold water, add 2 cinnamon sticks to the pot and bring to boil.
- Add I cup quick oatmeal to a bowl and mix up the oatmeal with some cold water (small amount of water just too wet the oats).
- Add oatmeal mixture to the pot. Cook the oats on medium heat until soft for 1 minute.
- Add 2 tablespoon of milk for creamy texture.
- Cook for 1 min till boil.
- Remove the oatmeal from stove top.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of organic coconut oil to it.
- Add honey or sugar for sweeter taste.
- Add 1/2 ripe banana, dash of powder cinnamon and some reduced cranberries boom.
P.s. You can always add more milk to the oatmeal when it’s done.
Keisha’s Spinach and Kale Homemade Salad
- 1 tablespoon of Olive oil or organic coconut oil
- Two cloves crush garlic
- Half dice onion
- Half of red, yellow and green pepper
- Complete seasoning sazon
- ½ cup Reduced sugar cranberries
- 8 oz can of corn( low sodium)
- Half fresh beet shred
- 1 carrot shred
- 2 cup of spinach
- 2 cup of kale
First, start with a little olive oil or organic coconut oil. When the oil is hot, put in two cloves of crushed garlic. Dice one half onion and add to oil until brown , cut half red , yellow and green pepper, add to garlic and onion , allowed peppers to cooked , sprinkle the complete seasoning sazon. Add reduced sugar cranberries,1/2 shredded beets, 8 oz can of corn, 1 carrots shredded, dash some more Sazon seasoning, wash spinach and kale and add to pot, Add a little cold water, sprinkle more Sazon seasoning, cover the pot and it cook 4-5 minutes. Reduce fire and stir the pot. Boom! ready to eat. You can store the unused portion in your refrigerator for 3 days, just spray olive oil and add some salad, sautéed for 3-5 minutes on stove up and enjoy.
My name is Keisha and I am 31 years old. I have lost 30 pounds through healthy eating and exercise. My Instagram name is keisha199. Here is a glimpse of my weight loss journey: The first step in doing anything in life, is to believe in yourself. Losing weight is possible because of that same belief. You must believe that you can. You must believe that you will and must achieve it. I believed that I could and I did. And if I can do it, you can do it.
The motivation behind losing the weight was myself. I work as a Registered Nurse and my hours are normally 7p-7am. I normally focus on taking care of everyone but myself. As a Registered Nurse, we tell our patients how important it is to take care of themselves, but sometimes they neglect doing so. I have decided to stop neglecting myself and make me a priority in my life.
The thing that inspires me to continue my workouts, even when I want to give up, is my strong faith in God. What also motivates me is knowing that the best is yet to come. The reason why is because I am still here. I believe that with God anything is possible and I believe I am destined for greatness. I have those days when I am so tired from working, that I don’t have the energy to get up early to workout. I have to constantly remind myself of why I am on this journey. My favorite scripture to motivate me is “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.”
Isaiah 40:31 KJV
I have changed my eating habits by doing the following: I have stopped drinking soda, limited my sugar and salt intake, and started eating good carbohydrates. On days when I would work, I bring a 48oz bottle of water with fresh cut strawberries inside. Sometimes for a change, i would use lemon or cucumber. I always try to drink 48oz of water 2x a day at work. For dinner, I always made sure I have a side salad, protein and good carbohydrates. I created my own salad recipe and I let some of my co workers sample. They loved it. My recipe is below:
First, start with a little olive oil or organic coconut oil. When the oil is hot, put in two cloves of crushed garlic. Dice one half onion and add to oil until brown , cut 1 half red , yellow and green pepper, add to garlic and onion , allowed peppers to cooked , sprinkle the complete seasoning sazon. Add reduced sugar cranberries, 1 or 1/2 shredded beets, 8 oz can of corn , 1 carrots shredded, dash some more Sazon seasoning, wash spinach and kale and add to pot, Add a little cold water, sprinkle more seasoning, cover the pot and it cook 4-5 minutes. Reduce fire and stir the pot. Boom! ready to eat. You can store the unused portion in your refrigerator for 3 days, just spray olive oil and add some salad, sautéed for 3-5 minutes on stove up and enjoy.
My overnight shift I would bring yogurt, dry Cheerios or fruits to eat at work, when I am hungry because I eat my dinner before I go to work. Breakfast I have oatmeal with chia seed, egg whites. I am not following any special program I just eat clean and healthy. I eat in moderation sometimes I do eat unhealthy foods but I limit it.
My workout routine varies from three to five days of exercise with two rest days. I workout at home using workout DVDs for cardio, strength training and kickboxing. The DVDs range from 30 minutes to 1 hour. Also, I use Popsugar Fitness on YouTube and Pinterest to change up my workouts. My workout equipment includes two 5 pound dumbbells, two ten dumbbells, a twenty pound kettle bell, yoga mat, and resistance bands. After a 12 hour shift, I sleep from 9a-3p. If I work the night before, I would get up at 3pm and workout at home.
My weight loss journey began in December 2016. At the end of December, I was at my highest weight of 155.6. My height is 5’2.’ I lost 30 pounds since and I am currently at 125 pounds. My transformation took from December 2016 to today. I am now focusing on toning my body. The biggest lesson I have learned during my weight loss journey, is that weight loss is not a destination but a lifestyle. Also, I have learned the importance of taking care of myself.
My advice for others who want to lose weight is find your “why” because there will be days
When you do not want to exercise. There is no magic weight loss pill. What there is however is hard work and grinding everyday. Don’t be afraid to put in the works in because if you don’t believe in yourself, who will.
I love what Denzel Washington said “Don’t be afraid to fail big, to dream big, but remember, dreams without goals, are just dreams. And they ultimately fuel disappointmentment. I try to give myself a goal every day …”
View this post on Instagram
My weight loss journey began in December 2016. At the end of December I was at my highest weight of 155.6, my is height 5'2". I lost 30 pounds and I am currently at 125 pounds. At the end of January 2017 , I did Boot Camp workouts and personal training for a couple months with Dr. Ivan. A special shout out Dr. Ivan for giving the knowledge about healthy eating teaching me about the five pillars of wellness which are nutrition, stress management, exercise,sleep, and mindset shifts. I am not a member of a gym , I workout at my house. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.😃❤️🙏🏾
View this post on Instagram
“ Don’t be afraid to fail big, to dream big, but remember, dreams without goals, are just dreams. And they ultimately fuel disappointment…I try to give myself a goal everyday..” My progress pic update. There is no substitution for hard work. Don’t wait for the New Years to set goals but set them down now. I lost over 30 lbs by workout at home and eating in moderation. My tips for you 😃❤️ 1. prep meals and snack to prevent those emotional eating. 2. Set mini goals : drink more water , ( your body /2 = water in oz daily. 3. plan out ur workout for week , my workout range from cardio to strength training, and personal challenge at home. 4. The first step to do anything in your life is to believe in yourself. Losing the weight It’s possible. I can , I will and I must achieve it.
Lose Weight Not Faith
My name is Keisha Vaughnes and I am a Registered Nurse. This is my Lose Weight Not Faith blog, created to help people lose weight from my personal experience. I am here to help you lose weight by sharing my fitness tips, nutrition advice, and workouts. I am here to help encourage and motivate you along your journey. You can call me your workout buddy, workout friend and personal cheerleader. I believe we can learn a lot from each other.
My highest weight was 155.6 pounds and my height is 5′ 2. In 2017, I lost a total of 30 pounds throughout my weight loss journey. During that time, I kept a journal of tips that have helped me accomplish my goal. After the holiday festivities, I noticed that I had gained 10 pounds from eating unhealthy food, treating myself too much and not working out. I have since learned to forgive myself about the weight gain. Also, I went back to following my tips to get myself in better shape.
I love what Oprah Winfrey said “Do the one thing you think you cannot. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it”.
God bless your journey