½ cup Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Protein Packed Buttermilk Flapjack and Waffle mix
1 Teaspoon of cinnamon
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup of milk
1 egg beaten
½ teaspoon of nutmeg or sprinkle of fresh grated nutmeg
1 ripe yellow banana smash it or blender it
Sprinkle of salt
Sprinkle of sugar
Pam olive oil cooking spray
Puree for guava and strawberry
3 ripe guavas
3 big strawberries ripe
1 tablespoon honey
¼ cup of cold water
Blend with blender or ninja to puree mixture
In a large bowl add Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Protein Packed Buttermilk, sprinkle of sugar, sprinkle of salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Blend it all together. Make a hole in the center of the mixture add milk, and egg beat and vanilla extract. Mix the batter till its smooth then add ¼ cup or more puree of guava and strawberry mix make sure to mix well. Heat frying pan over medium heat, spray lightly with olive oil. Pour or scoop ¼ cup of the batter to the pan. When the edges are brown and small bubbles form in the center (pancake may take an extra 1- 2 minutes to cook because of the guava and strawberry. Flip it and cook the other side of the pancake. Use the leftover guava and strawberry puree as sauce and drizzle a little of pancake syrup over the guava and strawberry puree. It will taste delicious.
P.S try with guava and strawberry puree first then drizzle pancake syrup for a sweeter taste.
Puree for guava and strawberry
Enjoy !! pancakes of 21G protein
1An air fryer is similar to a convection oven, because it allows the hot air to circulate around the foods at a high rate of speed. Cooking the foods at that high speed produces a crisp layer outside and keeps the food moist inside.
The Crux Air Fryer
- Touch screen adjustment and digital temperature control for up 400 degrees.
- Prevents overheating due to built in alarm and automatic shut down.
- Uses little to no oil (Less calorie consumption)
- Preset menu for everything from fries to steak.
- Cooks foods quickly and evenly.
The foods that I cooked with my air fryer are tilapia, shrimp, chicken and salmon. I love to make veggies because my veggies come out crisp, crunchy and moist on the inside.
I am still testing out meats and I am looking forward to making desserts with my Crux Air Fryer too.
My Crux Air Fryer has a 2.5 l basket for frying. Crux offers others Air Fryers in several different sizes.
Ingredients for cooking veggies:
- Celery 2, cut in pieces
- Beets ½ cut in pieces
- Carrots ½ slices in pieces
- Yellow pepper ½ cut in pieces
- sprinkle the complete seasoning sazon
- Olive oil drizzle
- Air fryer
Put all of the vegetables in a bowl and sprinkle Sazon seasoning and drizzle olive oil over the veggies. Use a big spoon to mix up the veggies with seasoning and oil. If you have an air fryer, add veggies directly to the pan and set it to 400 degrees. Cook for about 15-20 minutes. Check on it occasionally and shake it a couple of times to cook evenly. Cook longer for a crunchy taste.
P.S You can use any vegetables you like. Enjoy.
Ingredients for the Air Fryer Chicken
- Chicken (you cut the serving of chicken to use)
- Half onion
- 1 cloves Garlic crushed
- Half tomatoes
- Half fresh chopped scallion
- Handful dry thyme sprigs (I normally buy fresh thyme, let it dry and then use it)
- Sprinkle the complete seasoning sazon and Sa-Son Accent original
- ½ fresh lime and ¼ cup distilled vinegar to rinse the chicken
- 1 can of Pam olive cooking spray
First decided how much chicken you are going to prepare and cut up the chicken. After the chicken is cut put in bowl where you add ¼ cup distilled vinegar and cold water. Let chicken stay in the vinegar water for 3 minutes then rinse the chicken with cold water. Add the tomatoes, scallion, and thyme to chicken. Then Sprinkle the complete seasoning sazon and Sa-Son Accent original to front of the chicken. Use a spoon makes sure chicken well seasoning. Turn chicken to the opposite side and Sprinkle more the complete seasoning sazon and Sa-Son Accent original. Make sure chicken is mixed well with seasoning, tomatoes, scallion and thymes.
Wash your hands, use a fork to add chicken to the air fryer. Spray the chicken with Pam olive oil. Set temperature at 400 degrees. Cook 15-30min. I normally add three pieces of chicken to the air fryer but it depends on the size of air fryer you have.
When the chicken has browned to your desired likeness, flip over to the other side.
You can tell your chicken is done by inserting a fork in the chicken and there is no more redness, or you can taste a piece right out of the air fryer. Careful, it will be hot! ENJOY!!
Enjoy Dinner !!!
The most common excuses I hear people make when it comes to not exercising are:
I am too tired.
I am cannot afford to workout.
I cannot awake up that early.
I cannot eat healthy.
I am too lazy.
I am too busy.
I am out of shape.
I cannot cook.
I cannot stop eating those particular foods that is causing my weight gain.
I am a mother.
I am too stressed out to workout.
Tomorrow I will work out.
I have no exercise equipment.
I travel a lot.
I don’t know how to start.
The weather sucks.
I am not motivated.
I have no time.
I am tired.
I am on my period.
I am too sick to workout.
I am cannot workout 3-4 days week.
I am too old to exercise.
My kids get in the way.
I am too fat.
I am having too much health problem such arthritis, back pain and asthma etc.
I am full time parent or full time student.
I am no time for myself.
I have no motivation.
I am not that disciplined.
I am cannot work out alone.
I am not motivated every day to work out and I have use some of the excuses mention above. I don’t allowed it limit my mind. As long as I continue to try to work out I know I am winning. Also, I don’t depend on motivation to help me to work out because it will eventually wear off. Motivation is what helps me start my weight loss journey but my habits will help me in the tough times. With my habit I form disciple and consistency to keep you going. I love what Bruce Lee said “If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.
Please look at the excuses I mention above and be honest with yourself, what is your excuse and or you going to let it define who are. We can create new habits by trying to eat healthy by making small changes such as cut down junk food and cut down soda drinks. Also, try exercising by walking on treadmill for 30min, workout 20-30 daily but increase it gradual. If you fail at eating healthy or exercising and you are not losing weight, please try again because I believe you can do it. If you fail eight times, get back up the nine times because when each defeats we learn a lessons.
I remember when I was younger I read book called The Little Engine That Could. This book is about a train that breaks down. If has to deliver toys to boys and girls on the other side of the mountain. A little blue engine happens to come by and decides to try and help the big red engine over the mountain by pulling it over. It doesn’t believe it can pull it initially but with determination it overcomes its obstacles as it slowly pulls the toys and animals to the other side.
By making all those excuses we are limiting our self. We are telling ourselves that we cannot do it and eventually it becomes our way of life to limit our mind. If you want to breakaway free from your excuses, you have to step in the unknown. We don’t know our limits until we push you past them. If you can believe it, you achieve it. We need to do what The Little Engine That Could do which is stand up and face our fear by trying. If we can believe its truth there is nothing that we cannot do.
“I know for sure: your journey begins with a choice to get up, step out, and live fully.” The reason why I am smiling so big is because this outfit I am wearing I had it for years and I did not wear because of my weight gain. I am happy to see the pounds melting away again. I am happy to be where I am in my life because I am strong, I am child of God, I am a conqueror, I have confidence in myself and I feel pretty. Please check out my new blog post on what is holding you back. I hope it will motivate you to do the work in any areas of life you are struggling in. follow me on Instagram keisha199 for my daily meals ideas and motivation post. God bless You!!!
On the exterior surface is your body, You are overweight. You have health problems. You have a desire to change. The problem is your body is at 25 percent and want the change but your mind is at 5% or less. Your mind does not know how to commit to losing weight. You do not know what to do because this is all new to your mind. This is not the problem. The problem is our bodies want the changes but our mind does not know how to accomplish them. To accomplish this, we must change the way we think because our thoughts control our lives and our actions. People who are emotional eaters must ask themselves certain questions. The first is why am I eating this? Am I eating this because of stress, depression, joy or sadness? And how is this food going to make me feel afterward? Instead of emotional eating, we should tell our minds ‘let’s eat something healthy or go for walk.’ We should tell ourselves to workout or mediate’ because if we change these bad habits, overtime we will not use food to satisfy our emotional being.
When I was going through my struggles to lose the 30 pounds, I realized that it was not the exercise or the meals that had impacted my weight. It was my thinking. My mind was not ready to lose the weight. My mind was used to eating unhealthy food first and working out after. I made it a point to get my mind ready for the goal I wanted to accomplish. For instance, I would set goals for the week, such as planning out my workouts and planning out my meals. By setting small goals it gave my mind a starting point. When I did that, it gave my mind some direction to follow. But the weeks when I did nothing to help my weight loss, nothing happened. I found myself going back to the unhealthy things. My mind had no direction, so nothing happened. The body follows what the mind tells it to do.
The best example of how to train your mind is removing the junk food and unhealthy foods in your house and replacing them with healthy foods. With the junk foods out of sight it is out of mind, a person is not going to think about eating or craving it. I believe we must train our mind. We must train our mind to lose weight. You’re mind is a muscle that you have to work on a daily basis to get stronger. A person has to take the negative thinking out of their mind and add positive one to have the change they desire.
Weight loss is 100 percent mental. If you can control your mind, you can be successful in the weight loss area as well as other areas of your life. Tell yourself ‘I don’t need that chocolate cake.’ Instead have an apple. If you do this for couple of months and keep replacing the bad habits with good, you will be so surprised at what you accomplish. It’s been said that it takes 21 days to break a bad habit or create new habits. Please don’t be too hard on yourself because it takes time to train a mind to lose weight. Be patient with yourself and your progress. If you don’t think about eating healthy food or making healthy decisions then you’re never going to do that. It is what the mind thinks, that the body will follow.
We must train our mind to lose weight. For example, if you drink soda, replace the soda with water or seltzer, which has fewer calories. If you continue to replace the bad foods with healthy ones, eventually your mind will move naturally to a healthy way of thinking. I told my friends that I normally get up at 3pm if I work the night before to workout at home. They thought that I was crazy because I would have to work later that afternoon. When I started that schedule, I was completely exhausted. There were days when nothing happened. I realized when I get up at 3pm, it’s my time to work on me and I love the feeling after a good workout. After many practices it’s etched in my mind to get up at 3pm each day to work out. It has become a terrific habit. The mind is a terrible thing to waste, so please train your mind to do something new today.
From January 15, 2018 to April 14, 2018 I took part in 80 Day Obsessions, a beach body workout. Here are my results…
Keisha’s Tuna Special
Ingredients for veggies:
- Celery 2 cut in pieces
- Beets ½ cut in pieces
- Carrots ½ slices in pieces
- Yellow pepper ½ cut in pieces
- 1 Garlic crushed
- Onion ½ cut into pieces
- Sazon, season to taste
- Olive oil 1 teaspoon
- Air fryer or oven for baking
Put all of the vegetables in a bowl and sprinkle Sazon seasoning and drizzle olive oil over the veggies. Use a big spoon to mix up the veggies with seasoning and oil. If you have an air fryer, add veggies directly to the pan and set it to 400 degrees. Cook for about 15-20 minutes. Check on it occasionally and shake it a couple of times to cook evenly. Cook longer for a crunchy taste. If using an oven, add to baking dish, set the oven at 500 degrees and cook for about 30 minutes. Don’t forget to check on it. Turn it over a couple times to cook evenly and cook longer for a crunchy taste.
P.S you can always add other vegetables.
Ingredients for tuna :
- 1 can Tuna
- Sazon complete seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of light mayonnaise
- 1 slice of whole wheat or any bread toasted
- Use little of Organic coconut oil add the toasted bread, if bread is too dry ( option)
- Get a bowl and mix tuna, complete seasoning Sazon, and light mayonnaise.
- On the toaster bread, put a good amount of Tuna and top with some veggies. ENJOY!!
The DVDs I used in the beginning of my weight loss journey to help me lose 30 pounds, are Insanity, 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme. T25 and Core De Force are from Beach body and Cardio Kickboxing with Jeanette Jenkins from Amazon.
Popsugar Fitness is one of my favorite YouTube workout videos. Popsugar Fitness offers a variety of workouts to choose from such as boxing, yoga, cardio, barrel, low impact, and tone up workout. It also offers Abs, Butt, strength training, beginner workouts, full body, no equipment, and dance and kettle bell. The workouts range from 5 minutes to 40 minutes, which is great for me. When I don’t have time to do a full workout I can still get in a 20 minute one. I love Popsugar Fitness because I get a good sweat and a good workout, plus it’s free.
One of my favorite workouts is the Popsugar Fitness 20 minute kettle workout. This workout increases my heart rate and gives me a good burn and sweat for 20 continuous minutes. Kettle bells are cheap and they are small so you save on space. Kettle bell workouts can be done anywhere or anytime. A person can do any workout with a kettle bell from goblet squat, swing, dead lift and press push. The benefit of the kettle bell, is that it increases body strength from head to toe because of its full body exercises. The kettle bell works every muscle, so it’s a good high intensity interval training workout. It increases your heart rate and at the same time burns a lot of calories. The last time I did this workout, I used my fitbit watch to monitor my heart rate. On average, my heart rate was 112 beats a minute and it went as high as 146. From this workout, I was able to burn 166 calories. I did 19 minutes in fat burn and 2 minutes in cardio, I probably could have burned more but this workout was tough and it’s been awhile since I did a full body workout with my kettle bell.
Another great YouTube video is Fitness Blender. Fitness blender offers variety of workouts such as fat burning cardio, Abs, high intensity interval training (HIIT), no equipment, strength training, beginner, and upper body, Pilates, arms, kettle bell and stretching workouts. One of the workouts I would recommend is the high intensity interval training( HIIT.) Workouts from the fitness blender are tough, but you get good sweat and good calorie burn. From the reviews, many people have lost weight and toned up by using fitness blender. Fitness Blender has a website where they offer free videos like on YouTube and offer a paid workout program service. Fitness blender website has a community that offers support and motivation to help people reach their weight loss goal.
Another great resource for working out is Pinterest, Pinterest offers many services. You just have to type in what particular body part you want to focus on for the day such as butt, squat, arm, strength training, cardio, or abs – plus many other workouts. You can get detailed workout information on that particular area of the body. If your workouts are getting boring, please go to Pinterest and try one of their workout circuits. The “We Challenge” circuit is a 30 day challenge of squats, push ups, planks and crunches. Also, try “Melt Fat, Build Muscle, Dumbbell Blast. You start by doing 2 rounds of 15 reps and later increasing to 3 rounds of 15. You will get a good burn for a short period of time.
I hope my workout resource helps you jumpstart your weight loss journey. Please remember doing 10- 30 minutes workout daily is better than a zero minute’s workout. If you don’t like what you see in the mirror be strong enough to make the changes. When I started my weight loss journey, my only workout equipment included two 5 pound dumbbells, two ten pound dumbbells, a twenty pound kettle bell, yoga mat, and resistance bands.
1/2 cup Japanese style Panko Bread Crumbs plain
1 /4 cup egg whites or two eggs
1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon complete seasoning Sazon
I can of olive oil spray
Light Ranch Salad Dressing (dipping sauce for after zucchini bake)
– Preheat oven at 425 temperatures.
1. Wash and dry zucchini.
2. Cut in desired sizes.
3. Mix up Panko bread crumb, complete seasoning Sazon and grated Parmesan cheese together in a bowl.
4. A bowl for egg whites.
5. A bowl for the flour.
6. Dip Zucchini into flour, then into egg whites then Panko bread mix and repeat it till zucchini is done.
7. Put them on baking sheet or baking pan , lightly spray with olive oil and baked for 24 -30min until zucchini is golden and crispy.
-For using an air fryer baked at 400 temperatures for 7 minutes or when zucchini is golden and crispy.
-You can use light version of bread crumbs that contain less carbohydrates.
– For flour substitute you can use almond flour.
– If you do not have complete seasoning Sazon, you can use your own favorite spices.
My Personal Fitness Tips For Losing 30 Pounds
- Go to your doctor and get a checkup. Start your weight loss journey with knowing your numbers such as blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, and weight.
- Drink a gallon of water or at least half your body weight in water day.
- Change up exercise weekly.
- Change up your food weekly.
- Add weight training to exercise routine.
- Limit your sodium and sugar intake.
- Limit carbohydrates.
- Eat everything in moderation.
- Plan your workouts for the week.
- Meal prep for the week.
- Don’t depend on people to motivate you. Learn to motivate yourself. You need to remember your why.
- Ask yourself why are you doing this? Why do you want to lose weight?
- Learn to love yourself. Self-love is important.
- Every time you cheat on your diet or fall down, get back up and move on.
- Find a private space to workout. If you are a gym person, commit yourself to going to the gym. Personally, I prefer working out at home.
- Take before and after pictures to track your progress and to see results.
- Step on the scale daily or weekly. You need to know your numbers, so you can push harder. Just remember that this number is the starting point and not the finish line.
- Use MyFitnessPal App to track your food intake and progress.
- Eat a lot of vegetables, but limit fruits, which are high in sugar.
- Park further from the store.
- Remember, you get out what you put in.
- Life will knock you down, but you must choose to get back up every time and fight harder and harder. It’s is not over until God says it’s over. So let go!
- Pray to God and ask Him to help you with your weaknesses, and to help you to overcome them.
- Embark on a high fiber and high protein diet.
- Make sure to read food labels carefully. When you read labels, remember the first listed ingredients, usually means the product contains more of those ingredients.
- Sleep is very important to weight loss, try to get 6-8 hours each day. I do have problems sleeping because I work overnights and sometimes on my days off, but I take melatonin, which helps me sleep. I sometimes use lavender essential oil. Also, I use sleep lavender & Cedarwood aromatherapy body wash from Bath &Body Works.
- Consistency is the key to being successful.
- Please portion control your foods. Use a food scale or measuring plates to prevent overeating.
- Stay committed to finishing what you have started.
- Find workouts or activities that you enjoy doing.
- Balance your workouts by doing cardio, high-intensity interval training (HIIT) and strength training weekly.
- I work out 3-5 days a week, with two days of rest.
- Limit alcohol intake.
- It’s OK if you don’t get that 10,000 steps in every day. Strength training burns more fat than steps.
- Remember to stretch before and after workouts.
- Listen to your body. Pick a rest day. And rest!
- Dreams don’t work unless you do!!
- I hated every minute of training, but I told myself don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
- Limit eating out or try to make healthy choices when you do eat out.
- Set weekly goals or monthly goals, so that you stay motivated.
- Use Pop Sugar Fitness on YouTube for workouts or Pinterest for exercise, food, and healthy living tips.
- Make sure you are having regular bowel movements. Constipation contributes to water retention and makes you feel bloated, plus your bodies cannot release the toxins which build up inside. Many people for instance, go every other day.
- 1 Cup cold water
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 Cup Quaker Oats 100% Whole Grain Quick 1- Minute
- 2 Tablespoon of milk
- 1 Teaspoon Organic coconut oil
- Honey or sugar
- Half ripe banana
- Powder cinnamon
- Reduced sugar cranberries
- 1 cup cold water, add 2 cinnamon sticks to the pot and bring to boil.
- Add I cup quick oatmeal to a bowl and mix up the oatmeal with some cold water (small amount of water just too wet the oats).
- Add oatmeal mixture to the pot. Cook the oats on medium heat until soft for 1 minute.
- Add 2 tablespoon of milk for creamy texture.
- Cook for 1 min till boil.
- Remove the oatmeal from stove top.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of organic coconut oil to it.
- Add honey or sugar for sweeter taste.
- Add 1/2 ripe banana, dash of powder cinnamon and some reduced cranberries boom.
P.s. You can always add more milk to the oatmeal when it’s done.
Keisha’s Spinach and Kale Homemade Salad
- 1 tablespoon of Olive oil or organic coconut oil
- Two cloves crush garlic
- Half dice onion
- Half of red, yellow and green pepper
- Complete seasoning sazon
- ½ cup Reduced sugar cranberries
- 8 oz can of corn( low sodium)
- Half fresh beet shred
- 1 carrot shred
- 2 cup of spinach
- 2 cup of kale
First, start with a little olive oil or organic coconut oil. When the oil is hot, put in two cloves of crushed garlic. Dice one half onion and add to oil until brown , cut half red , yellow and green pepper, add to garlic and onion , allowed peppers to cooked , sprinkle the complete seasoning sazon. Add reduced sugar cranberries,1/2 shredded beets, 8 oz can of corn, 1 carrots shredded, dash some more Sazon seasoning, wash spinach and kale and add to pot, Add a little cold water, sprinkle more Sazon seasoning, cover the pot and it cook 4-5 minutes. Reduce fire and stir the pot. Boom! ready to eat. You can store the unused portion in your refrigerator for 3 days, just spray olive oil and add some salad, sautéed for 3-5 minutes on stove up and enjoy.