I have realized that when I was very stressed out my hair would fall out. My hair falls out to the point I have to cut my hair shorter. I’ve found other ways to deal with my stress, such as exercising and practicing more self-care.
Hair loss can be caused by
Genetics – Hereditary hair loss.
Stress – Emotional, physically and illness.
Poor diet – Deficient in iron (anemia), B12 and protein.
Hormone -New mothers and menopausal women may experience hair loss due to drop in estrogen level. Also, thyroid imbalance can cause hair loss.
Medications – Antidepressants, anticoagulation, hypertension and cholesterol, oral contraceptives and chemotherapy.
Immune system – Alopecia.
Hair loss can occur by excessive use of heat styling tools.
The treatments that have helped my hair growth
- Trimming my hair when needed; help removes damaged and split ends.
- Hair growth supplements such as Sugar Bear Vitamins or Hair, Skin and Nail Vitamins and Biotin supplement. I normally take biotin supplement everyday, but now I take it once a week or not at all. Some people have experienced acne breakout from taking a biotin supplement.
- Deep conditioner is a great way to prevent breakage of hair because it helps nourish, strengthen and moisturize your hair.
- Having balanced diet has a huge effect on the health of your hair. It also depends on what you put into your body .If you lacked vitamins A, C, D and E, zinc, B vitamins, iron, biotin, protein and essential fatty acids it may slow down hair growth or even cause hair loss.
- I like to oil my scalp 2-3 week because my scalp is dry, but if you have an oily scalp once a week is enough. Oiling the scalp helps increase circulation, which helps make your scalp healthier.
- Hydration – If you want good hair please drink your water. Our body is made of 65 percent water. When we drink water it travels to our brain, lungs, blood, skin, bones, stomach, muscle, liver and kidney. Water support vitamins, which contributes to hair growth and reduce dandruff. If he or she is not drinking enough water the problems that can occur are hair thinning, split ends, brittle hair and stop growing. Your hair like a flower, without water the flower will not grow it would just die. If you want to know how much water to drink daily, you can use your weight in pounds and divided by 2 = numbers of ounces.
My hair type
What I do to my hair
For my hair I normally do a relaxer 2-3 times a year or less. The more often you relaxer your hair can cause hair loss because it weakens the hair. When my hair is not relaxer I get wash and set (Dominican blowout) with a deep conditioner treatment. I love to give my hair a break by getting my hair braid two times in a year. When my hair is braided for about two- three months, I make sure to oil my scalp regular which gives my hair nutrients to grow. Hair braiding can cause damage to the hair by pulling out your edges if it’s done too tightly.
Please take care of your hair when it’s in a protective style
The problem is when we have our hair braid or hair weaver we forget to take care of our own hair underneath. We need to take care of own hair with oil the scalp or washing the hair regular because hair left unattended will lead to breakage and hair loss. When it comes to my hair I make sure there are less hands in your hair meaning , when I relaxer my hair its only one person and know her by her name same goes with my hair braiding one lady.
Rosemary Essential oil for hair growth
You know my love for essential oils, so I have incorporated rosemary essential oil in my hair routine. Rosemary essential oil is an anti-inflammatory: it triggers hair growth, increase hair volume and help relieve itchy scalp. To make rosemary solution just dilute 10 drops in a carrier oil (coconut, jojoba oil, almond oil or use other oils. I normally buy Doo Gro Mega thick oil, the liquid version, add half to an empty spray bottle and add ten drops of rosemary essential oils and shake it up. You can use that oil on your scalp weekly or as needed. Also, you can add rosemary essential to your shampoo by adding a few drops in it.
My daily routine
After my routine wash set (Dominican blowout) , I normally oil my scalp with Doo Gro and rosemary essential oil mixture to moisturize my hair and help my hair grow and then I wrap my hair and put on a silk scarf. Once a week I would apply the rosemary mixture to my hair because I don’t want to over oil my hair or just use it in my shampoo.
I use a little hair lotion (Fantasia Carrot Growth Oil Moisturizer) and style and go. When I do not use the lotion, I used coconut moisturizer. When it comes to hair growth you have to try and see what works for you, but those are the things I have used to help my hair growth. Please be patient with your hair growing and just be consistent with what you are doing.
“Focus on one thing, make it your priority, and stick with it no matter what!”. My current hair is below:
I am Healthy and Happy !!!!
ok keisha i see you boo!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for ur support ❤️🙏🏾
LikeLiked by 1 person