Keisha’s Bloating Tips
Why I am getting bloated? No one likes the feeling of being bloated. The number one reason why is because it’s uncomfortable. I hate when I feel bloated from my period or when my body is retaining more water from me consuming more sodium and eating certain foods. Bloating is an issue we are all facing. But it is important for us to find out what foods make us bloated so that we can reduce the intake of that food. Bloating can be managed by being aware of the foods we eat and how they make us feel afterward.
What causes bloating?
- Increasing sodium intake causes more retaining of water.
- You may be allergic to gluten and wheat or have an intolerance to carbohydrates, if you feel more bloating, diarrhea or nausea after you eat carbohydrates.
- Lactose intolerance causes diarrhea, nausea, bloating after ingesting dairy products.
- Eating too much fatty food can contribute to bloating.
- Eating too many vegetables such as cabbage, cauliflower, beans.
- Constipation can cause bloating.
- Eating large meals.
How to help with bloating
- Reduce your sodium intake.
- Get a gluten sensitivity test by your doctor if you are experiencing gluten intolerance or go gluten free.
- If you experience abdominal cramps and bloating, you can go lactose free. Also, you can go to your doctor have a hydrogen breath test. The hydrogen breath test will check to see whether or not you are digesting milk products properly.
- Exercise frequently to feel less bloated.
- Drink a lot of water to flush out your system.
- Take digestive enzyme supplements to help your body break down the foods.
- My favorite vegetable to help me with bloating is celery. It is great for bloating because it’s a natural diuretic, so it helps the body get rid of fluids.
- Take your probiotic supplement or try Greek yogurt
- My favorite fruits that help with bloating are pineapple and papaya because they help break down proteins in the stomach and make digestion smooth.
- Make sure you are free from constipation by adding fiber to your diet.
- Eating smaller meals throughout the day to control your hunger, helps with bloating.
“No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow your progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying”. The most common question I received about weight loss is how I get rid of bloating. Bloating is an issue we are all facing. But it is important for us to find out what foods make us bloated so that we can reduce the intake of that food. Bloating can be managed by being aware of the foods we eat and how they make us feel afterward. . This is my favorite picture from the summer.