Jerk Chicken Rasta Pasta Blog
- 1 Chicken breast
- Onion- couple or as much as you like
- 1 Garlic -minced
- Mix color of bell peppers , as much you like
- Thyme herb – I used couple pieces of fresh dry thyme
- 1- ripe Tomatoes- cut in pieces
- 2 -Teaspoon Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican Jerk Seasoning mild – add more for spicy or use Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican Jerk Seasoning hot and spicy
- Sprinkle Original Blend Salt – Free Dash Seasoning
- Sprinkle Complete Seasoning Sazon
- Sprinkle salt
- Ginger – small piece of fresh ginger
- Scallion- half of scallion cut in piece
- 3 Tablespoon of Canola oil
- 1- 1 ½ cup of heavy cream
- ¼- ½ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of penne Pasta
- 2 cup cold water
- You can use any meat such as salmon, shrimp and chicken to prepare this dish.
- For a larger portion size just double or triple the ingredients.
-Clean the chicken breast, cut it up into pieces, put the chicken in a bowl with distilled vinegar with a slice of lime or lemon and cold water and soak for 1-2 minutes to kill the bacteria off the chicken.
-Rinse the chicken thoroughly with the cold water. Put the chicken in a dish, seasoning the chicken from front to back with Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican Jerk Seasoning. Please don’t be stingy with your season because you don’t want Oprah Winfrey asking you “did you add salt and pepper”.
-Sprinkle Original Blend Salt – Free Dash Seasoning , Sprinkle Complete Seasoning Sazon and Sprinkle salt to the chicken. Also, add the onion, garlic, bell peppers, thyme, tomato, ginger and scallion. Use a spoon to mix up the chicken with the seasoning and please make sure your chicken is well seasoned.
– Cover chicken with a transparent plastic wrap and let it marinate for at least 1 hour and for best result 24 hours. I like to make it the night before and put it in the refrigerator for the next day. For short on time, marinate for 30 minutes or 1 hour.
– Cook the pasta according to box instructions, drain and set aside.
– In a saute pot, put 3 tablespoon oil into the pot. When the pot is hot , add the chicken by itself to the pot.
– Cook the chicken until brown on both sides .
– Use another saute pot , add the chicken , onion, garlic, bell peppers, thyme, tomato, ginger, scallion and 2 cup cold water to the pot ( add enough water to cover chicken breast to cook). Sprinkle additional seasoning , stir and reduce the heat to cook for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and gravy is made.
– In another pot, add heavy cream on medium heat, when heavy cream is boiling, add the parmesan cheese, stir continuously for one minute or until the parmesan cheese is melted. Turn off the stove.
– Add the chicken and everything in the pot to the heavy cream , stir it up, add the pasta, stir it up , sprinkle more original blend Salt – free dash seasoning and sprinkle more complete seasoning sazon stir up and cook for 5 minutes. Serve your jerk chicken pasta with fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy.
The chicken breast clean , wash and cut.
The chicken breast with Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican Jerk Seasoning only.
The chicken breast with other ingredients mix.
prep the jerk chicken night before!!
Remove the chicken
Fry only the chicken first.
Finishing product of fry chicken.
Use another saute pot , add the chicken , onion, garlic, bell peppers, thyme, tomato, ginger, scallion and 2 cup cold water to the pot ( add enough water to cover chicken breast to cook). Sprinkle additional seasoning , stir and reduce the heat to cook for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and gravy is made.
Jerk Chicken Rasta Pasta
“Don’t forget to give yourself a round of applause for going through your trying times, but still finding the strength and courage to rise, regardless. Today, you’re standing. Appreciate your progress. Although you have more to accomplish, you deserve to smile at your growth”. It’s been a crazy year, please remember to be kind to yourself because you are still a work in progress and not the finished product.