We are all different people, which means when we do the same exercises as other people, we get different results. Find an exercise that works for you.
When you go on Instagram and look at a person’s photo, that person’s results depend on many things, for instance: his or her calorie intake, body type, motivation, genetics, workout types, and what they are willing to give up. Also, they could have gotten surgery or have been taking weight loss supplements. Stop comparing yourself to other people because you have no idea what their journey is all about.
Find the right diet for you.
My advice is to do your research on the diet you want to do because I have seen people start diets from intermittent fasting to the keto diet but they go too extreme with their chosen diet. Or they do not know anything about the diet but just follow friends or somebody who is doing it. Please research the diet, find out how to apply it to your life and whether or not the diet is safe because you do not want a diet that will cost your life. Find a diet that can adapt with your lifestyle so that you are successful at it. For example, if a person does a very strict diet, which is different from their norm, the success rate will be less and the person will gain back their weight.
We shouldn’t be on the sideline, just hoping and wishing, we should get in the game. Please go find out what diet works for you. You cannot say you have tried everything to lose weight or to be healthy if you are still in the same condition or situation. Just remember if one diet or exercise does not work, there are still many others to try.
So, try new diets or exercises but give your body time to adjust. Give it at least 2-3 months and you can measure your results to see the pros and cons to your exercise workout or diet change.
Here are my tips
- Know why you want to lose weight.
- Schedule your exercise.
- If you mess up your diet one day, just continue, don’t give up
- Don‘t focus on your feelings because if we act on our feelings, most of the time nothing will get done.
- Form good habits – whether it is eating salad with every meal, drinking more water, or exercising 30 minutes a day.
- Motivation is a choice because you are not going to be motivated everyday to workout but you have to make the decision to do so.
- Eat more whole foods.
- Do not focus on the scale, find other tools to measure your progress, such as taking before and after pictures, using measuring tape to measure areas of your body, or using tight clothes that you are unable to fit as you track your progress.
- Find what works for you.
- Please remember slow and steady win the race
I leave you guys with a quote from my new favorite book ‘What I Know For Sure’ by Oprah Winfrey
“Wherever you are in your journey, I hope you, too, will keep encountering challenges. It is a blessing to be able to survive them, to be able to keep putting one foot in front of the other, to be in a position to make the climb up life’s mountain, knowing that the summit still lies ahead. And every experience is a valuable teacher.
Happy New Year and God bless you !!!
“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time”. This year, let’s focus on changing habits than making big resolutions goals. When we think of goals we always think we need hours to complete, but instead we just need 15 minutes to 1 hour or any much time we can dedicate to each day. This year, let’s focus on making small changes that can add to a big difference in the long run. My number one goal for me this year is not to give up on myself.